Wednesday 2 May 2012

Last day in Ecuador

Hey! Its my last day in Ecuador, soon I'll be able to see all of you in person and share my experiences!

Today was a very strange day for me emotionally, I wasn't sad, or upset or happy I just felt blaaaa. I'm not sure why that was.

This morning I woke up at 6:45am I was still tried but was starting to get a headache so I drank some powerade and felt better and fell back asleep! I woke up at 9am. Jo went to work at Youth World, and Gabby and Diego were to come get me at noon. So I had a lot of time to kill. And Jo's mom was at Kayla's (Jo's sister) school for parent teacher interviews! Kayla is a very smart student, she got mostly 100% in all her subjects!

So I made myself at home like Rachel told me to! I had some fresh bread and juice! I love their bread here!!!

Noon came and went and still no sign of Gabby and Diego. Rachel came home and called Gabby and something came up and they were running late. So we called Jo at the office. He told me that it was to late now for lunch with Gabby and Diego cuz we were going to see Cameron from youth world and her new baby boy!!! Cameron was one of the 'bosses' that I met last summer when the heartland team came here!

So Rachel made me lunch...rice, beef and plantains! It was pretty good! I am finding that I can't eat as much as I use to, I think it's cuz I'm drinking way more water here then I normally do.

My day didn't really begin till like 1:30pm, so I packed my suitcase and showered and just surfed the Internet.

Jo came back at 2:30 and we left to go to the Youth World office. And he got a phone call from a friend telling Jo that he couldn't make me a bunch of bracelets that I wanted to bring back for people. So we flagged down a taxi and went to the market again! I ended up finding a bunch of bracelets. On the way I was praying that it wouldn't be more then $25 and it came to $21!!!

After the market we went to see Cameron and her baby boy, his name is Graham! He is 3weeks old today so cute!!! It was awesome to see Cameron and hold baby Graham! And I bought him a gift from heartland alliance! Wade I need to give you a huge when I see you from Cameron! Ok!?!

Then after the shirt visit with Cameron we went to Jo's small group! At first I am not gonna lie I didn't want to be there, I was not feeling like being around people, I'm not to sure why. As I said earlier today was a very blaaaa day :-( I can't describe how I felt. I wasn't good tho. And I was praying and praying and praying asking God, why am I feeling like this.

During the meeting time we sang Spanish worship songs and Paul (the guys bday party I went to last night) he spoke it was good. It was in Spanish of course but my lovely personal translator Jo translated it all for me!!! Which I REALLY appreciated!

Then they asked me to share my testimony...on the spot lol yes I did it! And it was very interesting that as I was sharing my mood started to change! Slowly and by the end I was filled with the joy of the Lord! Praise the Lord!!!

When we got home all of Jo's family was up waiting for us to get home!!! Even Jo's sister Andrea and niece were over too! They all wanted to spend that last night with me! They all made me feel so special!!! Words can't describe how special I feel! They truly are my Ecuadorian family! Jo's little brother Juan hugged me and started to tear up saying that he hated to say good bye. And Jo's twin brother Leon gave me a bracelet. So special!!! And Jo told me to expect his momma to break down crying tomorrow morning at the airport. I love Jo's family they are so emotional and wear their hearts on their sleeves, they are so real!

My heart is so confused right now, please pray for me...I won't want to leave but at the same time I want to because I want to see all of you! I feel like my heart is here tho, Ecuador has a piece of my heart! Please pray for me! As I reenter Canada! That I will be able to search out God's will for my life! I don't wanna come back if it is just based on my feeling and love for everything about Ecuador. I wanna come back based on God's will!

Well it's 10:30pm and I gotta get up at 4 YUCK :-( so I better go to sleep!!!
Chao chao! See you all soon!

Carlita

2 comments:

  1. Hola, Carlita girl!
    I am praying now that you are getting some sleep, as you have to get up so early. I trust God will annoint whatever sleep you DO get. :) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
    It is pouring rain...I think you will find it is a bit greener when you get back. Remember on your journey back that He is always with you!
    Hugs! *Anne*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just noticed your post was for yesterday, and you were travelling today! Can't wait to see you! *Anne*

    ReplyDelete