Sunday 25 August 2013

Being back is both easy and HARD...

I've been home for a week and 2 days. It's been soooo hard but on the other had is easy and nice to be back! 

Let's start with the positive, why it's nice and easy to be back! Well one this picture says it all! 
I got to spend time with Booo!! It was sooo good to see her and take her to church! And the dress she is wearing I brought back with me from Ecuador! It looks precious on her! I just love this little girl to pieces and I missed her like tons!!! 

And I also missed the little girl I work with! Seeing her little face the Monday after I got back was awesome! Made it a lot easier to come back to work as well as the family gave me beautiful sunflowers to welcome me back! They were beautiful!! Made me feel extremely special!!! 

And I just moved into a place of my own! It's huge and beautiful! I love the space! I feel extremely blessed! 

Ok now to why it's soooo hard to be back, well the given is I miss Ecuador and the people and the friends soooo much, I'm finding that the most times I go to Ecuador the harder the re-entering reality is...this past time was my 3 time going to Ecuador and this time is and has definitely been the hardest. 

In Ecuador when I was with the heartland team, we were told about the 5 f's. Fun, Fight, Flee, Fit and Fruit....I believe I'm either on the fight or flee stage I'm not sure! 

I'm betting some of you don't understand what the 5 F's means, so lets start with that! 
Fun-is the fun that u have experienced on a missions experience! 
Fight-an example is when you are home and u have cold showers cuz on the missions experience you didn't have hot showers!
Flee-is when u only stick with the team you went with on the missions experience cuz they know what you gave
Fit-is when you fit back into normal life and it feels like before you left on your missions experience .
Fruit-is when you put into practice something that you learned during your mission experience that changes your life back at home and sometimes changes your world around you as well it brings God glory!!!

It's like the parable of the sower that Jesus told in Matthew 13:1-23! Or this verse 'that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace.' (Colossians 1:6 NIV)

Every day multiple times during the day I find myself missing and wanting to be in Ecuador! I am trying to enjoy life here and count my many many blessing but I find it hard a lot of the time! 

I am not sure what God has in store for me at all in the future! Please continue to pray with me that I hear and listen to Gods voice and direction in my life. And for my emotions and heart, they are soooo torn and I am not sure what to do! 

Thanks for all the love and support and prayers! I appreciate every single one of you as I walk through this journey! 


No comments:

Post a Comment