Thursday 1 August 2013

Finished strong with the Team!

Hola chickos! Wow I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day the team is going to be in Quito :-( went really fast!
Today we painted and two groups of four were able to visit some community families 
Painting the gate, didn't have a tall enough ladder! So Jay was the ladder!!! 
Painted the lines on the bball court!  

One really sad story from one of the groups that visited the homes, was there was a family, a mom, a dad, 18, 15, 11, 3 year old kids. And the 11year old son was taking care of the 3 year old. Because their 15 sister got raped by their cousin, the parents took the daughter to the hospital n haven't returned home yet and that was on Monday when they left. The group really took compassion on the little kids n we real able to see things from a new perspective! 

 It's truly amazing how much God has done in our team thus far! It's so weird to think that we have been together for almost a full year! 

Our team really bonded well together! We fit like glue! We became a family! Tonight was debrief and we did an encouraging time! It was really cool to encourage each other even tho I suck at verbal encouraging it definitely doesn't come natural to me. I find a lot of the time I encourage with just a hug, and I've been told that I'm really good at it! And that God can use my hugs to talk to and encourage people! 

Well it's 2:25am! I'm wide awake! But I better try n sleep! Tomorrow we r going to Casa G, the equator, market, el Reg then the airport! Please pray for safety as they travel home! I'm staying for 2 more weeks! Yay! Ok ya I'm fading good night 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's already time for the group to go home! I'm praying for safety in travel and great times of discovery as each person processes what God has been doing in their lives through this mission journey. Looking forward to see what God's got in store for you in the next two weeks, Carla!

    ReplyDelete