Monday 16 April 2012

Rain, rain and more Rain!!!!

Today was AWESOME!!! I didn't sleep very well at all last night, there were so many different noises and I went to the washroom at night and I saw my first cockroach....disgusting lol it freaked the crap out of me lol well not literally but I sure Did scare me!

So my day began at 6:30am...yes I put on a smile on my face! Lol we walked down to the orphanage at 7:30 which wasn't to bad...however we did get a ride the last half! Lol

So the day at Casa de Fe started off at 8 with chapel and guess what was the first song they sang...yup it was mighty to save! The kids were so cute singing it!!! Then they sang a few songs in Spanish and another English song called 'One way Jesus'
Then they broke up into their class rooms.

I at first wasn't sure what to do...somehow I 'found' the baby room!!!! At one point I was sitting on the floor with two twin a boy and a girl crawling on me and two other little girls with special needs laying beside me! They are just so cute!

I was able to help with some therapy with the children as well as help out in pre-kindergarten.

I have to tell you about this one little boy named Diego lol (everyone seems to have that name) he is a yr and a half the cutest little man ever. He is just learning how to walk! So he grabbed my hand like instantly and started to walk, he didn't care where he was walking he just wanted to walk! So cute!

For lunch I went to this restaurant called Alexander's and had traditional Ecuadorian food, soup and chicken and rice! We put popcorn in the soup kinda weird but actually pretty yummy!!!

After lunch we walked back and the team from Texas came and we did what CdF (Casa de Fe) calls baby time! This is where we take all the babies and kids with special needs outside to play and get some sun and fresh air! (It actually stopped raining for like 4 hrs today and it was HOT!!!) So I had little Diego and was trying to give him to the team for them to play with him and he wasn't having anything to do with them, I'd try and pass him off and he'd start screaming lol! Little turkey! So I hung out with little Diego all afternoon, he walked me around the whole acreage! Cutie!!! He has my heart lol I was gonna put on my facebook status that I fell in love today...but people might take that wrong lol!

The day ended at 4pm, I went with another staff she is from New Zealand, her name in Darwin (I think? That's the way it sounds when she says it but her accent is really thick!) to a little town called Puyo, where we bought groceries! It was a great adventure to see another place! We went on the bus on the way there and it only cost us $0.27 each and it was a good 15 min bus ride. Then on the way back we took at taxi which was only $5.

After Puyo we went to eat at a local family's dinner! We had chicken rice and fries! For only $1.25 and the portion was BIG I didn't even finish it! It was yummy!

The walking isn't so bad here, there is a HUGE hill that you have to walk up it on the way back to your house at the end of the day! It's big! I am very out of breathe going up it! There also is this bridge on the way to CdF that is so small a car has maybe 2" on each side lol it's tight, if you gage it wrong you hit the sides of the bridge!

It's 9:20 and it pouring rain! The rain forest is soooo pretty! I'll take pictures tomorrow and share it with you all!

Please pray for me that I hear God, whether this is the place for me or not! I love it, but I love it cuz there are kids lol I'm betting I'd love anywhere if there were kids there! I just wanna know that I know that I know!
Also please pray for me that I'll have the confidence to take initiative and not second guess myself and step back to be told what to do. To be confident in what I know! To be able to speak up and use my voice when I need to!
Thanks all! miss you!!!
Carlita





2 comments:

  1. Hola Carlita! That was a lovely read! I am very excited for you! It sure seems you are listening to God. I am sure that when He has something to say to you, that you will hear. :) "Here I am, LORD! I am listening!" That's you these days, in Equador!!
    Isa. 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grown weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    Isa.41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Lovely Carlita, God has prepared you for this, and as long as you are holding your hand up to Him, He's got you! He will give you what you need, when you need it :) Hugs! *Anne*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol so funny that his name was Diego :) I can picture you walking him around all day, just like you do with our kids! I am praying that God gives you clarity! Be confident! You are a very skilled woman with a lot to give! Those kids are blessed to have you there :) Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete